eal estate agents solicit potential clients to buy, sell and rent properties that they themselves represent. They provide clients with pricing, mortgage, and market condition information. They typically advertise their services and properties that they are representing through flyers, open houses, and listing services.Once they find a prospective buyer, they can take them to see the properties.
The main duties of a real estate is:
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Facilitate negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Generate lists of properties that are compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources.
- Interview clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Contact property owners and advertise services to solicit property sales listings.
- Display commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties to clients and explain their features.